Wednesday, 22 March 2017

Steampunk lady

Hello folks

My daughter asked me to make a card for her friend. She picked the stamp and left the rest to me. This is what I made - 
I love this stamp from Sheena's timetraveller collection, Steampunk lady, and decided to have a practise with my Illustrator pens and Colourblend pencils - 
  • skin - eggshell, linen, pale tan, muted brown, blush and saddle brown
  • hair - blue grey 1, blue grey 3, blue grey 4, navy blue, petrol blue, black, blender, black and twilight blue
  • googles - pecan, red brown, hazelnut, umber, ice grey 2, ice grey 6, crystal clear sparkle pen
  • clothes - pecan, red brown, hazelnut, umber, moonlight, mimosa, gold, amber, bark and paprika
  • eyes - blue grey 3
  • lips - rose, peach and rose peach
I have also used - 
  • matt black card
  • platinium centura pearl
  • Sheena stamping card
  • Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens - starry sky, ocean wave, fig and amethyst
  • Textures sunbeam embossing folder (from Crafter's Companion)
  • Sheena's Time traveller voyage of discovery die set
  • Sheena's Time traveller cogs die set
  • Lala land steampunk border die
  • Pebeo silver gilding wax
I made the flower by cutting the propeller die 3 times from matt black card, rubbed with gilding wax and then layered up. I added a cog to cover up the messy bit.
I made the background using stripes of Sparkle pens which I then spread around the paper with water. Once it was dry I ran it through the sunbeam embossing folder and then added some silver gilding wax. I also heat embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder.

Well that's all from me for today. Enjoy your day.
Crafty hugs

Lesley




2 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley this is a stunning card I love it. That stamp is amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lesley, this card is stunning. The amazing image is beautifully coloured and as for the background......Fantastic!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete