Sunday 13 October 2013

Oh come all ye faithful

Good morning

Here is today's card - 


The image is from Crafter's Comapnion's Makey Bakey range and is called Christmas Carols. I have coloured it with the following Spectrum Noirs -


  • mouse - FS1, TN1, TN3, TN5, GG1, GG2, PP1 and PP2
  • coat and hat - TB1, TB2, TB3, BGR1 and BGR2
  • carol sheet - EB1, JG1 and DR2
  • sky - IB1
  • shadow - GG1
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's floral ovals and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I matted a piece of paper from LOTV frosty Christmas paper pad onto a card base and then added 2 Memory Box frostyville borders cut from white centura pearl card, trimmed them to fit and added them to the card base. I embossed a piece of white centura pearl with an Ebossalicious music embossing folder, inked lightly with tumbled glass distress ink and cut out. I added this to the card base. 


I cut 2 snowflakes using Die'sire dies and some white cetura pearl and placed them in the top left hand corner. I than added my image with Pinflair for dimension. I cut 3 Memory Box snowflakes from blue centura pearl, layered them on top of each other and added them to the card base. I added some blue gems to the centre of all the snowflakes.



I stamped one of the sentiments from the stamp set using versamark and heat embossed with silver embossing powder, cut out with Spellbinder's floral ovals and added this to the card.

I have used this image before but used reds and more traditional Christmas colours -


Once again this shows the versatility of rubber stamps and why I love this craft so much.

Many thanks for stopping by.

Lesley


No comments:

Post a Comment