Saturday 22 September 2018

Christmas snowflakes

Good morning folks

I do hope this post finds you well. I am sat in my dressing gown watching the lovely Lisa from Creative Expressions on Hochanda, browsing through my card photos and I have discovered a whole load of cards that I have not yet shown you. I started my Christmas cards in the summer holidays and this is one of the easier ones I made - 
I have just noticed how wonky that looks - I hope it is just the camera angle! For this card I have used - 

  • matt black card (from Crafter's Companion)
  • gold glitter card (from Crafter's Companion)
  • gold matt mirri (from Crafter's Companion)
  • Shimmering snowflakes 3D embossing folder (from Crafter's Companion)
  • Pebeo antique gold gilding wax
  • Downton Abbey ornate oval frame die (from Crafter's Companion)
  • Gemini festive words 1 die set (from Crafter's Companion)
  • Spellbinder's snowflake die
  • black organza ribbon from my stash
 I love these 3D embossing folders but have only just realized that I was using the wrong sandwich in my Gemini, thank you Fiona. It should be one clear cutting plate, magnetic shim and thin plastic mat. I was using just the cutting plate and the pastic shim so the emboss is not quite as deep as it should be.
I think I was possibly a little heavy handed with the gilding wax it some areas of the embossing. I need to remember less is more.
That's all from me today folks. Enjoy your Saturday whatever you are upto - I am off to buy new curtains for my Hubby's study.

Crafty hugs

Lesley


3 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley this is stunning Christmas card I just love the combination of black and gold. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have too much gilding wax!!! I love it!! Great card design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your design Lesley -gilding wax is a wonderful thing! I think you were right with the sandwich thats definitely the original one that was given - I think it was uprated later!! i'm sooo behind with Christmas cards, i can feel some embossing folders coming on myself!! Sorry for not being around these past few months I've had a pretty scary time healthwise, but all is well and I'm so happy and greatful to be back hugs Judith : ) xx

    ReplyDelete