Thursday 29 August 2013

Home for Christmas

Good morning folks

Sorry its back to Christmas today. I am still trying to get them done before next week but I am getting a little jaded now. To try and boost my creative juices I have ordered some of the new Lili of the Valley stamps which you can find here. I am hoping they will be here soon and I'll be able to show you my creations.

Today's card uses a new stamp called Barkley Home for Christmas and is from Crafter's companion.




It has been coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs - 

  • wall - GB1, GB4 and GB7
  • door - DR2, DR4 and DR6
  • door handle - GB1, GB4 and GB5
  • wreath - CG3, DG3 and DR4
  • letterbox - GB1, GB4 and GB5
  • cat - EB1 and DR2
  • hat - DR4, DR6, DR7, GG1 and GG2
  • Barkley - GG1, GG2, GG3, GG4 and GG5
  • snow - BGR1
For added sparkle I added glitter to all the snowflakes and stickles to the snow and door. I cut out the image using Spellbinder's Romantic rectangle and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I matted and layered the image onto the largest of the romantic rectangles. The papers are from my Christmas stash but I think they are from a Boofle set from Docrafts (although I may be wrong). I cut the white piece of paper a lot narrower on one side and punched the edge using an EK success border punch. I then added some red snowflake ribbon from The Ribbon Girl and a Spellbinder's poinsettia cut from red and green card. I added a gold gem to the centre of the flower. To finish  I added a sentiment from Lili of the Valley's Happy circular sentiments which I cut out using a circle nestie and matted it onto a Spellbinder's scalloped circle cut from red card.

If you get a chance today check out Create and Craft to see Dawny P and the lovely Lili of the Valley stamps. The show times are 12pm and 4pm.

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley 

No comments:

Post a Comment