Wednesday 11 June 2014

Anything but a square

Hello folks

The challenge at MDUC is 'No square or rectangle cards' and this is the card I made for the challenge -
I began by making a shaped easel card using the largest Go kreate XXL square frilly frame #2 from a 8 inch card blank. I then covered the base and the easel with a striped paper from First Edition's New bloom paper pad. I then matted and layered both parts of the card with a smaller square frilly frame #2 and a Spellbinder's grand decorative circles one. 
To create the stopper I punched a piece of paper with a Tonic rose border punch, matted a piece of striped paper onto it and then wrapped a piece of plum satin ribbon (from the Ribbon Girl) around the stopper. I attached it to the card base with foam pads.
The sentiment is from LOTV's circular happy sentiments stamp set which I cut out with a Spellbinder's circle nestie, matted onto a Spellbinder's stately circle and then attached to the stopper with foam pads.
The image is Pink Ribbon Tilda which I coloured with the following Promarkers -
  • skin - satin, blush, dusky pink and coral
  • hair - tawny owl, burnt sienna and walnut
  • clothes - tropical orchid, mulberry, plum and twilight sky
  • shadow - warm grey 1 and warm grey 3
  • sky - pastel blue
I paper pieced the shoes and the bow using one of the papers from the pad. Then I cut the image out using Spellbinder's floral ovals, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and attached to the easel part of the card with foam pads.
To make the flowers I used Spellbinder's blooms 4, Venetian motifs and accents (for the leaves), scraps of the papers and some gems from the Hobby House. I attached them to the card as shown.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://magnoliadownunderchallenges.blogspot.co.uk - challenge 237 - no squares or rectangles

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card - love the colours!
    Thanks for playing at the Crafty Little Fairies Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete