Thursday 31 July 2014

Noel

Hello folks

Today's card is another Christmas card bring my total so far to 4. Not great I know but I have spent most of this week decorating but it is finished now so I should be able to do a little more crafting. I have a to do list which is growing instead of getting shorter. 
I began by covering a 6 inch card blank with a green striped paper from LOTV's Woodland wishes paper pad. I then cut along one edge of two other papers from the pad with Spellbinder's Classic petal edge dies. I gradually decreased the width of each piece of paper and layered them up as shown. I then attached a piece of cream lace (from the Ribbon Girl) to the centre of the card.
The image is Christmas Tilda from Magnolia which I coloured with the following Promarkers -

  • hair - praline, caramel and saddle brown
  • skin - satin, blush, dusky pink and coral
  • clothes - wild cranberry, maroon, burgundy, ivory, pastel beige, holly and pine
  • basket - burnt sienna and walnut
  • flowers - wild cranberry, maroon, burgundy, pine and holly
  • shadow - warm grey 1 and warm grey 3
  • sky - pastel blue

I cut the image out with a Spellbinder's oval nestie, inked lightly whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matted onto a Spellbinder's lacy oval cut from another of the papers from the paper pad. I attached the image to the card base with foam pads.

I then cut a Spellbinder's poinsettia (love this die) from scraps of the papers and attached to the card with a foam pad. 
The sentiment is from LOTV's handwritten Christmas phrases which I cut out with a Die'namics mini tabs quartet and attached as shown.
To finish I added some gold gems to the centre of the poinsettia and to the flowers in the image.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 

http://magnoliadownunderchallenges.blogspot.co.uk - challenge 241 - anything goes

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment