Thursday 10 July 2014

Thank you teacher

Good morning folks
It's that time of the year - time to say goodbye to teachers and move on to a new year. I always think of this time of year with mixed feelings. It is sad to say goodbye to a group of children you have spent the best part of a year working with but also exciting to meet the new group of children. Each year brings you into contact with such special little people who you watch grow and develope and then you wave them goodbye. Oh I am getting soppy in my old age.
My youngest son is still at Primary school and is saying goodbye to a very special teacher this year. Here is the card I made for him to give to her.

 I have also included a photo of the boxes I made for gifts for the teacher and the teaching assistants who work in his class.
It is a very simple card really. I used the Just a note die set from Toinc and papers from First Editiuon's Summer Breeze paper pack. 
I began by covering a 6 inch card blank with a pale pink paper and then I cut another paper using the largest 3 dies in the set which I then attached to the card base. I then cut two other of the dies from the set using pink paper and stamped a LOTV sentiment (from sentiments to fit scroll stamp set) diagonally across the die cut. I attached this to the card as a diamond with foam pads.
To finish I added a little pink ribbon bow.
The boxes have been made using Tonic's Ballon weight keepsake box die, Christmas insert dies (which is misleading because two of the dies in the set can be used all year round), white centura pearl and papers from First Edition's Summer Breeze paper pad.
 The sentiment is from LOTV's mixed circular sentiments (set 9) which I cut out using a Spellbinder's circle nestie.

Thank you for stopping by and reading my sentimental ramblings.
Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment