Monday 1 August 2016

Pop up Christmas

Good morning folks

The start of a new week, a new month and officially the start of the school summer holidays. All of this means one thing - CHRISTMAS CRAFTING!! Yes the mass production of cards has begun and this year I have tried to take away some of the stress by buying a couple of Hunkydory kits but more of those later. Today I thought I would share a card I made a little while ago using Die'sire Edgeables Mr Snowman.
I have used - 

  • white and blue centura pearl
  • silver mirri
  • Crafter's Companion printable acetate
  • Tattered Lace pop up box die set
  • Die'sire Edgeables Mr Snowman die set
  • Die'sire essentials Merry Christmas die set
  • Embossalicious Vintage Christmas embossing folder - snowflake flutter
  • snowflake punch (from Hobbycraft I think)
  • gems from my stash
  • tumbled glass distress ink

The snowflakes are mounted onto the acetate to make them look like they are floating (you can't really see it very well on the photo)
Looks more difficult to make that it actually is. I carefully trimmed away the embossed parts of the die cut (which would normally stay in the card) for the snowmen on the sides of the card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk - show us your gold/silver and or embossed.html (silver and embossed)

Thank you for stopping by today

Crafty hugs
Lesley

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your fabulous box card with us at Winter Wonderland. It really looks cold and shivery! Good luck and we would love to see you again next time. Christine DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley this is a gorgeous box card I love the snowmen. Enjoy the holidays. We are on our second week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such charming card. It looks smashing. Fabby design and lovely fun shape. Thanks for joining us over at the Winter Wonderland this time.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwww.....this is beautiful. I love your cardbox....so sweet in the soft blue color with the silver. Thanx for joining our challenge at Winter Wonderland.
    xxx plony (DT)

    ReplyDelete