Wednesday 26 June 2013

18th card

Hello
Just a quick post today. This is the card I made for my son's 18th. There is no colouring today and it is a very different style for me but he loved it.







I started with a piece of black Centura pearl cardstock for the base and I added a piece of paper from Docrafts Chronology paper pack and inked the edges with black soot distress ink. I then embossed some Kraftcard with a brickwall embossing folder. I cut out sections of the brickwork and inked it with black soot distress ink. I then added this pieces to the card base around the edges. I then embossed a piece of Spellbinders craft mental using the Spellbinders creative cogs 3D embossabilities and then sanded it back. I mounted the metal onto the card base using Pinflair for some dimension. I cut the keys using Spellbinders love locket die D-lites and the cogs using Spellbinders spritely sprockets from craft metal and again sanded them back. I stamped the numbers onto Kraftcard using some Papermania stamps, stamped the cogs randomly (these stamps were free with a Docrafts magazine) and cut out the numbers. I then inked the edges with black soot distress ink. I arranged the keys and cogs onto the base and then mounted the numbers using Pinflair for a bit of dimension. I added some metal cogs from Docrafts to the other cogs at the top of the card.



                                                   A close up of the cogs. 



The scratches appeared when I sanded the embossing back.

As I said very different type of card for me but I was pleased with the outcome.

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment