Tuesday 28 January 2014

Anything goes

Hello everyone

The Ribbon Girls have a new place for their challenges called Ribbon Girl Challenge Blog and you can find it here. The new challenge is "Anything goes" and here is my entry for the challenge - 
I began with a 8 inch card blank which I cut with Go Kreate's XXL Square frames frilly #2. I laid the die onto the card blank so that I left a spine in the card. It does take a couple of passes through the Calibur to get it to cut but it means you have a constant supply of shaped card blanks. I then cut two contrasting papers from Papermania's capsule collection papers (again from my stash) with the next 2 dies in the set, wrapped some white lace (from the Ribbon Girl) and a piece of blue ribbon (from my stash) around it and then matted and layered them onto the card base.
The image is called "For you Tilda" and has been coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs - 
  • skin (these were a happy accident. I thought I had picked up the FS colours but had instead picked up the TN colours. Should really wear my reading glasses more often) - TN1, TN2, TN3 and CR1
  • hair - GB8, GB9 and GB10
  • shirt, shoes and bows - TB1, TB2, TB4, BGR2 and BGR3
  • dungarees - TB5, TB7 and BGR4
  • flowers - GB1, EB1, TB1, TB4, TB5, DG2 and DG3
  • shadow - IG1
  • sky - IB1
I cut the image out using a Spellbinder's circle nestie and inked lightly whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I then matted the image onto a Die'sire Chantilly lace die and attached it to the centre of the card with foam pads. 
I added some flowers and some wooden heart buttons (all from The Ribbon Girl) to the bottom corner of the card and to finish I added two dragonflies cut using a Doohickey dragonflies die. I added some blue pearls (from The Ribbon Girl) to the centre of each dragonfly.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley




No comments:

Post a Comment