Wednesday 4 March 2015

Gothica

Hello folks

Happy Wednesday evening to you all

Here is today's card - 
I began by matting and layering a 6 inch card blank with papers from First Edition's Bird song paper pad. I created a border with two of the papers and a Tonic Dotty Lace border punch and attached to the card as shown.
The image is Saturated Canary's Gothica which sounds very dark but I thought I'd try colouring her with pale pinks and was very pleased with the result. I coloured her with the following Spectrum Noir pens and pencils - 


  • hair - GB7, GB10, GB11 and 087
  • skin - FS1, TN1, TN2, CR1 and 089
  • eyes - JG4
  • lips - CR1
  • dress - PP1, PP2, PP4 and 041
I created a frame using one of the papers from the pad and Spellbinder's Floral ovals and an oval nestie and attached it to the image. I then attached the topper to the card with foam pads.

I cut several Doohickey daises from scraps of the papers, layered them and put brads in the centre of each flower. I then cut several Tonic Royal ferns, attached them as shown and then added the flowers.
To finish I added two sentiment tags from LOTV's sentiment tags stamp set.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - week 300 -  use brads
Spectrum Noir March facebook challenge

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

2 comments:

  1. The pinks work well on the image Lesley and very effective matting and layering, all makes for a super card.

    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley, gorgeous card, really divine papers and embellishments.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete