Sunday 8 March 2015

Spring flowers

Hello folks and a very happy Sunday to you all

Yesterday the spring sunshine encouraged a few of the daffodils in my garden to flower. I love daffodils and the promise of the summer that (hopefully) is to come. I purchased this Penny Black stamp this week and had a play with my Spectrum Aquas.
I began by matting and layering Tonic's Just a note die set cut from white hammered card and some green core'dinations. I used foam pads between each layer to add dimension.
The image is Penny Black's Daffodil dance. I coloured directly onto the stamp with my Spectrum Aquas and then stamped it onto watercolour card. I added some extra depth with the fine point of the markers and then softened the colour with a paintbrush and some water.
I used the floral set of Spectrum Aquas and the colours I used were bud green, leaf green, meadow, sunflower and marigold. I also used a Tumbled glass distress marker for the outer edges.
I cut the image out with a Tonic layering square and matted it onto a square from the Just a note set.
To finish I added a bow (ribbon from my stash) and a button (from the Ribbon Girl).
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - week 301 - Spring is in air

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful creation and just perfect for my Spring theme Lesley, daffodils are I always think the essence of Spring.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining us at our Penny Black March Challenge-Spring Blooms!

    Lesley-such a pretty and delicate card! My daffodils are just starting to bloom too! Love the dies you used and that pretty watercolor look!

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful 'Spring' card - love your new stamp!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete