Saturday 26 November 2016

Time traveller 50th birthday

Hello folks


Ah the weekend - and relax....

This week my hubby celebrated his 50th birthday and today we are having a family party for him. This is the card I made to celebrate his big day - 
(Apologies for the picture quality - it was a rather dull day)
Once again I have been playing with the gorgeous Time Traveller range from Sheena Douglass but I also challenged myself to use the Spectrum Noir Illustrator pens. They are very different from my Spectrum Noir pens (defo my favourite colouring medium and my comfort zone). You have to use the lightest touch with the brush nibs and you seem to be able to add so much more shading without saturating the paper. Not sure how they work but I am sure with more practice I will love these pens as much as my Speccies. For my card today I used Steampunk man stamp which I coloured as follows - 
  • skin - eggshell, linen, pale tan, muted brown and soft brown
  • lips - pale tan, muted brown and soft brown
  • eyes - true blue, black and a white gel pen
  • clothes - russet, leather, henna, ice grey 2 and ice grey 6
  • hair - ice grey 2, ice grey 6, black, IG7 and IG9 (Spectrum Noir pens)
I also used - 
  • matt black card
  • Sheena's stamping card
  • Sheena's Time Traveller - timepieces stamp and dies
  • Sheena's Time Traveller - geared up stamp and die sets
  • Sheena's Time Traveller - time pieces stamp and die sets
  • Tonic striped number 0 and number 5 dies
  • Pebeo silver and king gold gilding wax
  • Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen - starry sky (for the background)
  • old paper, antique linen and brushed corduroy distress inks
I created the background using a technique I saw Sheena demo on the telly box. I used a piece of Sheena stamping card and a Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen to create a colourwash background, then spritzed with water and blotted with kitchen roll to create the starry sky.
I cut the cogs from matt black card and then rubbed with gilding wax. These look really bright in the photo but are much more muted in real life.
To create the texture on the numbers a stuck cogs onto the numbers before rubbing the gilding waz on and then trimmed with scissors.
Right that's me finished for today. I am now going to create a storm in the kitchen. 


Enjoy your weekend
Lesley

3 comments:

  1. A super masculine creation Lesley.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley this is a wonderful creation I bet your husband was thrilled to receive this. I hope the party goes well and that he really enjoys his birthday. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great detail and a brilliant card. Hope he had a lovely day. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete