Thursday 7 August 2014

Becoming a teenager

Good morning folks

Today my daughter is a teenager - oh noooooo!!!! But I will survive!!!! Here is the card I made for her birthday -
I began by making a 8 inch twisted easel card which I matted and layered with turquoise core'dinations, silver centura pearl paper and a butterfly paper from Crafter's Companion's Scruffy Little Cat pastel paper pad.
The image is Niamh from Crafter's Companion's Scruffy Little Cat range which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs - 

  • hair - TN7, TN8 and EB8
  • skin - FS1, FS3, FS4 and FS6
  • lips - CR1
  • eyes - TB4
  • onesie and bow - BT2, BT3, BT4 and BT6
  • shadow - BGR1
  • background - IB1, TB1 and TB2

I added lots of glitter to the onesie, hair and eyes and then cut the image out with Spellbinder's Grand decorative ovals one. I made a frame from turquoise core'dinations using Spellbinder's Grand decorative ovals one and a grand nesting oval which I then attached to the outer edge of the image. I added the image to the card with foam pads.

I stamped one of the sentiments from the stamp set and cut it out with Spellbinder's Floral ovals. I inked the edge of the die cut with tumbled glass distress ink and then made a frame from turquoise core'dinations using Spellbinder's Floral ovals and a nesting oval which I then attached to the sentiments. I attached it to the card with foam pads to create a stopper.
I cut 2 Spellbinder's sprigs from silver centura pearl and attached to the card either side of the sentiment. I then cut several Spellbinder's blooms 3 from the butterfly paper and added them to the card as shown.
To finish I added a silver 13 peel off.

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment