Friday 8 August 2014

Birthday Tilda

Hello Folks

This is the card I made for my daughter's birthday for her brothers to send to her. She loves making cards herself and the boys have got used to not having to buy any so they were a bit lost when it came to her birthday. So mum to the rescue - 
I began by covering a 6 inch square card blank with a blue heart paper from my stash. I then cut a cream spotty paper (again from my stash) with a Tonic layering square die and then cutting the edge with a Spellbinder's classic petal die. I wrapped a piece of blue ribbon (from the Ribbon Girl) around the card and than attached it to the card base.
The image is Pink Ribbon Tilda from Magnolia whcih I coloured with the following Spectrum noir markers and pencils - 
  • hair - GB8, GB10 and EB5
  • skin - FS1, FS3, TN2 and 009
  • clothes - TB1, TB2, TB3 and TB5
  • ground - BGR1 and BGR3
  • sky - IB1, TB1 and TB2

I paper pieced the bow and the shoes with the cream spotty paper, cut the image out with Spellbinder's Stately circles, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and than matted onto a Grand decorative circles one cut from the blue heart paper. I attached the image to the card base with foam pads.
The sentiment is from LOTV's happy circular sentiment set which I cut out with a Spellbinder's stately circle. I removed the sentiment from the die and inked around the edge with tumbled glass distress ink before attaching it to the card with foam pads.
To finish I made several flowers using the papers and Tonic's petal pairs punches. I attached them as shown.

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment