Thursday 14 August 2014

Season's greetings from James

Hello folks
I have been neglecting my blog recently although I  have been very busy crafting. In September my mum and dad have been married 50 years and I have been given the task of making all the invites to the party. This is what I have been doing during my absence. They are now finished (photos to follow), written and ready tp post so I now feel I can get back to my Christmas crafting.
Which brings us onto today's card and yes it is a Christmas one - 
I began by cutting a 8inch square card blank to a 7 inch card blank which I then covered with a paper from LOTV's frosty Christmas paper pad. Now my crafty mojo has been a little hard to find at the moment so I hopped over to LOTV's Ideas to Inspire website and used one of their sketches to help me complete this card. I used sketch #14. I followed the sketch using more of the papers from the pad but I cut the border using Spellbinder's Classic petal border die and added some ribbon and lace (from the Ribbon Girl).
The image James - snow angel which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • James - cool grey 1 and cool grey 3
  • hat, coat and boots - cloud blue, cadet blue, verdigris and ice grey 1
  • scarf - royal blue, midnight blue and ice grey 1
  • snow - icicle

I added lots of glitter to the snow and James' hat, and then added some glossy accents to his nose (I think I should have let it dry fully before taking the photo as it isn't clear yet). I cut the image out with Spellbinder's grand decorative circles one, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and attached to the card base with foam pads.

The sentiment is from LOTV's handwritten Christmas phrases sentiment set which I cut out with Spellbinder's Resplendent rectangles, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and attached as shown with Pinflair.
To finish I added 2 blue gems from the Ribbon Girl.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -

Many thanks for stopping by

Lesley

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Lesley!! James is always so cute and cuddly, isn't he. I love the simple blue and white colour theme.

    Thank you for entering our challenge at Crafty Little Fairies, and good luck in the draw. We would also love you to join us again in future challenges.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Really pretty colours. Thanks for entering. x

    ReplyDelete