Wednesday 6 August 2014

Caroling trio

Good morning folks

This week's challenge at Allsorts is favourite things which is always a challenge and my favourite things to craft with do change. I do however have some firm favourites which I have used to make this card - 
I began by embossing a piece of paper from LOTV's Frosty Christmas paper pad (I love LOTV's paper pads so this is one of my favourite things) with an Embossalicious Seasonal music embossing folder. I trimmed the paper to fit on a 6 inch card blank and inked around the edge of the paper with tumbled glass distress ink (another favourite).
The image is Penny Black's Caroling Trio which I stamped onto watercolour card and coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils Essentials set (fast becoming a favourite) - 
  • mice - 003, 004, 089 and 009
  • scarf - 056, 058 and 047
  • gloves - 067, 071 and 073
  • lantern - 067, 071, 022, 020, 015 and 120
  • snow - 112 and 117
  • sky - 067

I cut the image out using Spellbinder's floral ovals (my favourite Spellbinder's die set) and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I cut a Spellbinder's decorative labels 8 from another of the papers from the Frosty Christmas paper pad, matted the image onto it and then attached the whole thing to the card base with foam pads.

I cut a Spellbinder's layered poinsettia (another favourite) from a scrap of blue spotty paper and some ivy using a Marrianne die and some white centura pearl, and arranged them onto the card as shown.
The sentiment is from Crafter's Companion's Makey Bakey mice Christmas carols stamp set which I cut out using a smaller die in the Spellbinder's floral ovals die set. I inked the edges of the die cut with tumbled glass distress ink. I attached it to the card with foam pads.
To finish I added some blue gems to the image and to the centre of the poinsettia.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge -
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - week 270 - Favourite things (LOTV paper pads, Spellbinder's floral ovals and poinsettia dies, Spectrum Noir pencils and tumbled glass distress ink)

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog

Lesley

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining my challenge at Allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete