Sunday 15 May 2016

Thank you

Good morning folks

Happy Sunday to you all. I am curled up in my carft room today escaping from this sudden cold snap, just as I was thinking summer had arrived we have gone back to early spring. I just hope there is no frost as I have just planted out all my bedding plants. 
Today I thought I would share another Sparkle sample  -

This time I have used Crafter's Companion's floral delight stamp (from the Sparkle stamp range), stamped onto watercolour card and heat embossed it with white embossing powder several times. I then coloured the poppy with the following Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens (Spring/summer set) -

  • solar red, emerald green and crystal clear.

I applied the colour to the darker areas of the poppy and then moved the ink around with the crystal clear pen. I coloured all the copies and then decoupaged the design.
I have also used - 
  • matt black card (for the card base)
  • white centura pearl
  • clouds embossing folder (from Crafter's Companion)
  • Die'sire essentials circles and scalloped circles die sets
  • Spellbinder's 5x7 matting basics
  • salty ocean distress ink
I made the background paper by colour washing a piece of watercolour card with moonstone Sparkle pen and then flicking watered down blue topaz ans inspired violet onto the damp card. Once the card was dry I then embossed it with the clouds embossing folder.

Thank you for stopping by today

Crafty hugs
Lesley

2 comments:

  1. A glorious card today Lesley, love the vivid splashed of colours and the soft hints of the embossed background.

    We had a minus 1 this morning despite the weather forecast saying min 6 overnight, but we do tend to sit it a bit of a frost pocket here in the Fens. Hubby is still covering everything in the greenhouse at night just in case.

    Have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley this is a gorgeous card. I love the flower and Sparkle pens must be one of my favourite things to colour with now. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete