Sunday 19 March 2017

Love life

Good morning everyone

Well the carpet is now booked so it is all systems go to get everything completed before he arrives. I am getting excited now, it has been a long time aince we had any major work done on our house and although I hate the mess it creates it is wonderful when it is finished.
I am going to try and tackle a mixed media canvas to complete our room so today I am going to be playing with ink, stencils and texture paste - wish me luck.
Today's card is a recent make for my husband's teenage neice - 
For this card I have used - 

  • Sheena's A little bit sketchy Live stamp set
  • watercolour card
  • Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens - fig, macaroon and crystal clear
  • white linen card
  • matt black card
  • Sheena's Day of the Dead floral fiesta stamp and die set
  • Textures snow embossing folder from Crafter's Companion
  • dazzler from the Hobby House

I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment onto watercolour card which I coloured using the splodging technique.
For the background I coloured lines of colour onto the watercolour card with my Sparkle pens and then applied water to move the ink around the card. Once it was dry I ran it through the embossing folder and then sanded the colour back.
That's all from me today folks. Enjoy your Sunday.
Crafty hugs

Lesley

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley this is a stunning card I love the colours it is just so pretty. Your house is going to look amazing when all the work is done. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is stunning Lesley - the embossing folder works so well like this. Have to say you've got this decorating business all wrong!! - my daughter has another system - you go away for the weekend to a wedding, leave your two kids with me, leave the paint with Dad and he paints and takes the old carpet up while you're away ready for the new one coming tomorrow - job done lol.... or is it me who's the mug and got it wrong!!!! - xx

    ReplyDelete