Thursday 12 September 2013

Anniversary wishes

Good morning

Today is my Mum and Dad's wedding anniversary and this is the card I made for them -



It started life as "I wonder what will happen if........?" and this is how it finished. I am really rather pleased with it. I took a 8 x 8 inch card blank and using the largest of the Grand decorative circles from Spellbinders ran it through my Grand Calibur. It took several attempts to get it to cut but it did in the end. I then scored and folded one of the sides in half and then added another grand decorative circles from white centura pearl which I inked whilst still in the die with broken china distress ink and then stuck it onto the folded part of the card to create an easel card.


I used a Hunkydory card kit which came free with Cardmaking and papercraft magazine for the decoupage and papers.I cut one of the second size of the decorative circles 1 from the papers, inked whilst still in the die with broken china distress ink and then cut the third size die from silver mirriboard. I then matted and layered and added the decoupage.





To create the base I cut another of the second size die from the papers, inked whilst still in the die with broken china distress ink and then layered onto the base. The sentiment is from Circular sentiments from Lili of the Valley which I cut out using the smallest Spellbinder's Stately circles and again inked whilst still in the die with broken china distress ink. I then cut the second size die from one of the papers, inked whilst still in the die and then cut the third size die out of silver mirriboard. I then matted and layered the sentiment and added it to the base with foam pads to create the stopper.



This card cannot be described as quick but I think it was well worth the effort. So congratulations to my parents on their anniversary and thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Lesley - I bet your parents will treasure it, best wishes, Mary x

    ReplyDelete