Saturday 14 September 2013

Christmas carol

Good evening everyone
 I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I have spent the day crafting and reorganising my craft room - I am not sure how it gets so very messy?!!

Today we are back to Christmas. This card uses a Woodware clear magic singles stamp which comes with an image and a sentiment. It is actually very good value for money.


I stamped the main image 3 times with cottage ivy Memento ink and coloured them with the following promarkers - 
  • poinsettia - berry red and crimson
  • holly leaves - lush green and pine

I then decoupaged the poinsettia and the holly leaves. I cut the image out using Spellbinder's Romantic rectangles and inked whilst still in the die with crushed olive and peeled paint distress ink. I then stamped the sentiment again with cottage ivy Memento ink and cut out using a smaller romantic rectangle. Again I inked whilst still in the die with crushed olive and peeled paint distress ink. I rubbed a little gilding wax (enchanted gold) around the outer edge of both die cuts.


For the background I embossed a piece of green core'dinations with a Crafter's companion embossalicious music embossing folder. This is a 8 by 8 embossing folder and I sometimes find that I don't get an even emboss so I put a couple of extra sheets of copy paper through with the sandwich too. Be careful not to over stuff the sandwich or push it through your machine - it will break it!!!! I then sanded the design and rubbed a little gilding wax over the design. 

To finish I cut 2 poinsettia flowers from red core'dinations using a Spellbinder's die and added some gold gems to the centre of the flowers and to the centre of the stamped image.

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley



No comments:

Post a Comment