Saturday 28 September 2013

Punk birthday celebrations

Hello everyone.

Happy Saturday to you all. Today will be the usual round of children's sports watching but also a celebration of my friends 50th birthday and here is the card I made for him - 


He is a big fan of the punk band Stiff Little Fingers hence the image which I downloaded from the internet and cut out using a Spellbinder's circle nestie. I inked the image lightly with black soot distress ink whilst still in the die and then used the same ink to edge the circle once I had removed it from the die. The background paper is from Boofle Christmas paper pack and I scrunched it up and sanded over the creases to distress it, then I ran a pair of scissors around the edge to distress the edges and then inked the edges with black soot distress ink.I then matted this onto a piece of black card at an angle.


To create the 50 border I cut a strip of black card and stamped the number 50 randomly using a Clarity number stamp and versamark ink. I then heat embossed with silver embossing powder. I added this to the card base at a random angle. To make the ribbon border I pushed silver brads through a piece of black ribbon and then fixed it to the card diagonally. I added a length of silver chain across the lower part of the card and pushed a brad through the card at either end of the chain. 


Then I added two skull charms to the chain. I distressed a piece of union jack ribbon with scissors and black soot distress ink and added it to to the card base as shown.


I then fixed the topper onto the card base with foam pads. To finish I attached the base to an 8 by 8 inch card.

Tonight we are off to a punk themed party - one way to embarrass the kids!!

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment