Saturday 6 September 2014

A little bird

Hello everyone

Today's card features a stamp which made me laugh when I saw it so I had to buy it and here it is - 
I began by covering a 5 x 7 inch with a paper from LOTV's Father knows best paper pad and then layering another paper from the pad.
The stamp is Penny Black's A little bird which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noir pens and pencils -

  • cat - IG1, IG4, IG7, BP1 and 119
  • cage - GB4, GB6, GB7 and 107
  • ladders - TB5, TB6, TB9 and 073
  • feathers - LG3 and LG5
  • shadow - BG1
  • sky - IB1, TB1 and TB2

(I now have 2 tins of the Spectrum Noir pencils so all the colours i use are from either the essentials tin or the primaries one).

I cut the image out with Spellbinder's matting basics A, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and then matted and layered it onto the golden brown and blue papers from the paper pad. I attached it onto the card base with foam pads.
Both the sentiments are from the stamp set. I cut one out with Spellbinder's labels 11 and the other with Spellbinder's 5 x 7 Reflective moments. I inked both whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and attached them to the card as shown with Pinflair.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk - brown, blue and white

Many thanks for stopping by today.

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card - such fun!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete