Wednesday 17 September 2014

Its been a while

Good morning everyone

Well it has been a while hasn't it. I have scheduled a couple of posts but have done no crafting for a long time. On Sunday we took our eldest son to University for the first time and the last few weeks have been spent getting him ready for the big event. It has been a very emotional time, especially the weekend, with lots of time being spent saying goodbye to various friends and family members. The house feels very strange at the moment and his room resembles a bombsite which I need to clean. I am going to need time and a strong stomach for that job!! My other children are filling the void though as all their activities and sports have started again after the long summer break. I also have my crafting too - where would we be without paper, stamps, pens and glue?
Today's card is a bit of an experiment. This year, after getting stung for the cost of postage last Christmas, I am trying to make some slightly more cost effective cards (as far as postage is concerned) and this is one of them. 
I am not sure if it a little washed out and maybe the silver is a little too bright but it is a start. Apologies for the dodgy photos too - my son took his camera and photographic expertise to Uni too ;o(
I began by scoring and folding a piece of A4 cenutra pearl card in half , cutting it with a Die'sire create a card Christmas Eve and then I inked with tumbled glass distress ink whilst still in the die. I trimmed the card stock to a 6 inch square and placed a piece of paper from Bo Bunny's Elf magic paper pad.
I cut the sentiment from silver mirriboard using a Tattered lace die and attached it to the centre of the card and then attached the inner square from the Create a card die to the inside of the card.
To finish I added some small silver gems.

Thank you for stopping by and reading my ramblings.

Lesley



No comments:

Post a Comment