Wednesday 24 September 2014

What a hoot

Good morning folks
Happy Wednesday - Hump day, struggle up the hill in the morning and then downhill in the afternoon, all the way to the weekend. Hooray!!
The challenge at Crafter's Companion is Autumn and the challenge at the Spectrum Noir page is friendship so this is the card for both challenges -
I began by covering a 6 inch square card blank with some plum coloured core-dinations. I embossed a piece of ivory centura pearl with an Embossalicious cloud embossing folder, wrapped some ribbon (from my stash) around the card and then attached it to the card base.
The image is from the Rachelle Anne Miller range at Crafter's Companion and is called Wise words. It has been coloured with the following Spectrum Noir pans and pencils -
  • big owl - EB1, GB1, GB3, GB8, GB10, EB5, 104 and 090
  • small owl - TN1, TN2, TN7, TN8 and 095
  • tree - EB2, EB3, EB4 and 090
  • leaves - CG1, DG2, DG4 and 058
  • sky - IB1, TB1 and IB2
  • caterpillars - CG2 and CG4
I made a frame using Die'sire Elegance stamping frame and a piece of core-dinations and attached it to the image. I then attached the whole thing to the card with foam pads.
I added a small ribbon bow to the base of the die cut. Then to finish I added some leaves (cut using Spellbinder's Jewel flowers and flourishes) and some flowers and pine cones all from the Ribbon Girl.
I am going to enter this card into the Crafter's Companion and the Spectrum Noir September facebook challenges.

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment