Wednesday 11 February 2015

Hanging around

Hello Folks

Happy hump day. Down hill now till half term - yipee although I have a lot of college work to do during my week off. Hopefully I will have a little craft time to.
Here is today's card - 
I began by covering a 6 inch square card blank with a paper from LOTV's petal fresh paper pad. I then cut a square of another paper (using a Tonic layering square), embossed it with a Crafter's Companion cloud embossing folder, inked the edges with tumbled glass distress ink and then matted it onto another paper from the pad. 
I wrapped a piece of blue satin ribbon (from the Ribbon Girl) around the paper and then attached this to the card base.
The image is Annabel upside down from LOTV which I coloured with the following Promarkers -

  • hair - praline, saddle brown and burnt sienna
  • skin - stain, blush and dusky pink
  • clothes - denim blue, polar blue, twilight sky, midnight blue, royal blue and reef blue
  • tree and grass - chestnut, walnut, holly and pine
  • dog - ice grey 1, ice grey 3, ice grey 4 and ice grey 5
  • sky - pastel blue and denim blue
I cut the image out with a Tonic layering square, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matted onto a paper from the paper pad. Then I attached the topper to the card base with foam pads.

I tied a heart charm onto a piece of blue baker's twine and glued it to the ribbon as shown, and then a made a bow of narrower blue stain ribbon and attached it to the top of the baker's twine. (All ribbons, twine and charms are from the Ribbon Girl)
I stamped 2 sentiments from LOTVs sentiment tags stamp set, cut them out and attached them to the card as shown.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - Lovely Lili challenge -It's charming

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Lesley, the image is so cute and the colour us really nice. Thanks fir joining in with the ribbon girl lovely lili challenge, best if luck, Mary xxhttp://playingwithribbon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse typos my iPad isn't playing fair and I've no idea why it put my blog address on, so sorry. Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been a bad blogger this week Lesley, TL have kept me rather busy, so rather later arriving to take a peek at your cute card.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete