Sunday 8 February 2015

How old.......?

Hello folks

Happy Sunday to you all.

Today's card is one I made for my brother in law -
I began by making a card blank with a piece of A4 Ivory centura pearl and my ultimate pro. I then made 3 frames using my new toy, a Martha Stewart punch and papers from LOTV's On a high note paper pad.
The image is Penny Blacks A little bird which I coloured with the following Spectrum noir pencils -
  • Cat - 097, 098, 110, 003 and 005
  • Ladder - 026, 030 and 093
  • Cage - 114, 115 and 116
  • Feathers - 010 and 017
  • Sky - 065 and 066
  • Ground - 114
I cut the image out using a Spellbinder's matting basics A and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I then added the outer frame to the image and then matted with the other two frames. I attached the topper to the card base.
I stamped one of the sentiments from the stamp set, cut it out with a Spellbinder's circle nestie and matted it onto a larger nestie cut from one of the papers in the pad. I attached it to the card base with foam pads.
To finish I cut a Happy Birthday sentiment using Spellbinder's sentiments 2 and attached it to the top of the card as shown.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge -
http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.co.uk - February challenge -anything goes except a digi 

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. Another gorgeous card Lesley and beautifully coloured image.
    Thank you for joining us this month at Penny Black and More with a second creation and good luck in our prize draw.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete