Friday 20 February 2015

Saddle up

Hello folks

Well I can't believe my half term break is nearly over. I haven't done any college work but have spent some time in my craftroom. I have been making teenage boy cards (details of those to follow) so needed a girlie break -
I am ashamed to say that this lovely little stamp has been sitting in my stamp box unstamped for a long time but I wish I had stamped her earlier - she's lovely.
I began by covering a 6 inch square card blank with a piece of lime core'dinations. I then matted and layered several papers from LOTV's One Birdie Lane paper pad (bright and zingy aren't they?) along with the lime core'dinations onto the card base. I made a border from another of the papers using a Martha Stewart and attached it to the centre of the card as shown.
The stamp is LOTV's Annabel - saddle up which I coloured with the following Promarkers -

  • hair - raw sienna, cocoa and burnt umber
  • skin - satin, blush and dusky pink
  • clothes - pastel beige, khaki, mango, bright orange, heatwave, cerise, antique pink and gold
  • hat - cerise, salmon pink, antique pink and gold
  • saddle and boots - warm grey 5, saddle brown and burnt sienna
  • sky - pastel blue
  • ground - warm grey 1 and warm grey 3

I cut the image out using a Tonic layering square, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matted onto a piece of lime core'dinations. I then attached the topper to the card with foam pads.

I cut a Memory Box button flower from scraps of the papers and attached to the card as shown.
To finish I stamped a sentiment from LOTV's sentiments to fit scroll and cut it out with Die-namics mini tabs. (Just noticed that dirty mark - not sure where that has come from. Note to self - clean hands after stamping!) I attached it to the side of the card as shown.

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment