Wednesday 25 February 2015

Teenage birthdays

Good morning everyone

I have a number of teenage birthdays over the next fortnight which are not my favourite type of cards to make. I um-ed and ah-ed about it for a while and then decided to take the plunge and buy a new die (not easy I know for a die-a-holic but I was very brave!!). I bought a create a card die from Crafter's Companion and here are the cards I made - 
I began by cutting the die twice, once from grey core'dinations and once form red core'dinations. I then embossed a piece of black core'dinations using a canvas embossing folder from Cratfer's Companion which I sanded back to reveal the core. I matted the grey die cut onto the black card and then onto red card.
I then cut up the red die cut to free the sentiment which I then applied to the grey base leaving a slight shadow. Using the 'waste' from the die cut I infilled some of the stars.
I attached the whole thing to a 7 inch square card blank.
I was pleased with the way this one turned out so decided to make this card in other colourways too - 

Thank you so much for stopping by 

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment