Sunday 22 February 2015

The colour purple

Hello folks.

A very happy Sunday to you all. I am off back to work tomorrow so I have been spending most of the day in my craft room. Here is one of the cards I have made today - 
I began by embossing a piece of white hammered card with a Tattered Lace spring embossing folder and then matting and layering onto lilac and purple core'dinations.
I wrapped some lace and purple satin ribbon (from the Ribbon Girl) around the centre of the card and attached the whole thing to a 8 inch square card blank.
The image is Breeze from Saturated Canary which I coloured with my Spectrum Noir pens and pencils - 

  • hair - LV1, LV2, LV3 and 077
  • skin - FS1, TN1, TN2 and 089
  • dress - IG2, IG4, IG6, 114, PP2 and 041
  • lips - CR1, blender and 009
  • eyes - TB1
  • sky - IB1
I cut the image out with a Spellbinder's oval nestie, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and then matted it onto a larger oval cut from lilac core'dinations. I then matted the image onto a Spellbinder's grand decorative oval cut from purple core'dinations. I attached them onto the card base with Pinflair.

The sentiment is from LOTV's happy circular sentiments which I cut out with a Spellbinder's circle nestie and then matted and layered onto a larger circle and a scalloped circle cut from lilac and purple core'dinations.
I made a little flower arrangement using flowers from the Ribbon Girl and attached them to the card base as shown.
To finish I added some pearls which I coloured with a LV3 Spectrum Noir pen.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - week 299 - the colour purple

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment