Thursday 14 March 2019

Mother Nature

Hello


A quick post from me tonight - I did think I had scheduled a post for yesterday but apparently not! 

When I first saw the new Triblend pens from Crafter's Companion I thought to myself that I didn't really need them. I decided to watch the launch show and somehow they fell into my basket along with the stamps! I made this card from the practise piece because I just loved the result.
I used the Triblend pens but I also used some of my old Spectrum Noir pens too. I have used mother nature stamp from Crafter's Companion which I coloured with the following pens - 

  • skin - fair skin blend and tan blend
  • hair - earth brown blend and EB8
  • leaves - citrus green blend and DG2
  • flowers - hydrangea blend, coral blend, light yellow blend, ice blue blend and DG2
  • sky - ice grey blend

I also used - 

  • Sheena's stamping card (for the card base)
  • black card (from the Triblend pens packaging)
  • In the garden 3D embossing folder from Crafter's Companion
  • Gemini expressions tag die
  • Crafter's Companion's Say it with words stamp set (for the sentiment)
  • Sue Wilson's double stitched rectangles die set
  • tumbled glass and black soot distress ink
  • ribbon and gems from my stash
I wanted everything to coordinate so I used a piece of Sheena's stamping card for the card base and inked it with the tumbled glass distress ink and then ran the black soot distress ink around the outer edge. You can't see much of the embossing but it gives the card a little hint of texture.

I was a bit skeptical about these new pens but I have to say I love them. They take all the guess work out of colouring and blending and really compliment my existing pen collection.

That's all from me this evening. Thanks for stopping by.
Crafty hugs

Lesley




1 comment:

  1. Hi Lesley this is a stunning card. That is a gorgeous image. Your colouring is amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete