Monday 25 May 2020

Geared up

Hello folks

Yet another glorious bank holiday here in the Northwest of England but unfortunately my hayfever is troubling me today so I am staying inside. It is also half term week as I am back to work next Monday as schools open their doors to pupils in year 6 and year 1. Not quite sure I am fully confident in the governments view that such young children can socially distance and that the adults are in no danger. The feeling of being a guinea pig is quite strong!!
Anyway enough of this nonsense lets all go to our happy place - crafting. I made this birthday card for my Father-in-laws recent special day - 
For this card I have used - 
  • matt black card
  • white stamping card
  • gear up, some assembly required and nuts and boltz stamp sets -  all from Hobby Art stamps
  • Distress Inks - hickory smoke, ground espresso, brushed corduroy and walnut stain
  • Copic pens - C3, C5, C7, 100 and T3
  • glossy accents

 I added glossy accents to the pipe work and metal panels to make them appear a little more life-like.
I stamped the pipework directly onto the base card first and then stamped all the pieces again, coloured them, cut them out and then decoupaged them onto the base card.
I had great fun playing with these stamp sets and can see them being brought out for lots of male cards.

Thank you for stopping by.
Crafty hugs

Lesley


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lesley this is a stunning card. I love it. I hope all goes well when you go back to school. I am not sure it is wise to have such young children going back so soon. I hope you are able to stay safe. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete