Thursday 27 February 2014

Sweet sixteen

Good morning folks

Today is my friend's son's birthday and this is the card I made for him - 
I always find cards for teenage boys so very difficult to do. So I decided to stick to a simple theme without fancy embellishments or die cuts.
I began by making the backing paper. Using a piece of A6 Clarity coated card I randomly stamped and heat embossed (with silver embossing powder) a small Alium stamp (from Clarity Stamps - I thought it looked like a firework). I then dusted off the old brayer and ran it over the card using denim and stonewash Adirondack ink. I inked the edges with a stencil brush and some of the ink left on my Splodge mat and then stamped some more of the Alium again using ink from the Splodge mat. I matted and layered the card onto rainbow mirriboard (from Hunkydory) and blue textured cardstock. I made an A5 card blank using my Ultimate Pro and a piece of white centura pearl and attached the topper to the card.
I then stamped and heated embossed (with silver embossing folder) 16 using Papermania Typography stamps. I cut the numbers out and attached them to the card using foam pads. To finish I added a silver Happy Birthday peeloff.
Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment