Saturday 1 March 2014

Bamboo treats

Good evening

Apologies for the late hour posting this post but I have been cleaning, washing and ironing all day (feeling extremely virtuous now) ready for my husband and 2 youngest children returning home after a visit to their grandparents for half term. I work in a different local authority and the half terms this year were different so I had to work this week and they headed off to visit their grandparents. It has been extremely quiet in my house this week - my eldest 2 boys prefer the company of their games consoles to their poor old mum!

Anyway enough of this waffling, here is today's card -
I began embossing a piece of lilac core'dinations with a Crafter's Companion floral frenzy embossing folder, trimming to size and attaching to a 6 inch card base. I then cut the edge of a piece paper from Docraft's Kraft notes with  Spellbinder's Bracket borders 2 and attached to the card as shown. The image is from Crafter's Companion's Bamboo range and is called Bamboo treats. I coloured the image with my Spectrum Noirs - 
  • Bamboo - BGR1, BGR3, BGR4, BGR5 and PP1
  • bath - PL1, PL2, PL3, PL4, GB3, GB7 and blender
  • champagne - CT1, CT2 and CT3
  • champagne bottle - CG2, CG3, CG4, LY3, GB5 and GB8
  • bubbles - IG1 (I also added some glossy accents)
  • shadow - IB1
I cut the image out with a circle nestie and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. I matted the image on a Spellbinder's Grand decorative circles 1 and attached to the card with foam pads. I added a Die'namics plentiful petals flower cut using lilac core'dinations. I attached a pearl to the centre of the flower.
To finish I added 2 sentiment tags made using LOTV's Sentiment tags stamp set (set 24).
Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley



No comments:

Post a Comment