Friday 3 October 2014

Where's the birdie?!!

Hello everyone and a very happy Friday evening to you all.

I have been  terrible blogger lately - no excuses just no time but October is a busy month for me so I have had to make some time and get on with producing some cards.
Now I have to apologise for the rubbish photo quality. These photos were taken very early this morning (yes I have been burning the candle at both ends) and I was rushing so they are a little out of focus. So sorry.
I began by covering a 6 inch square Kraft card blank with a paper from LOTV's country gent paper pad. I then cut a Tonic Just a note (using the outer 2 dies in the set) from another of the papers and attaching it to the card base.
The image is a little bird from Penny Black which I coloured with the following Promarkers -
  • cat - satin, praline, saddle brown, burnt sienna and sunkissed pink
  • ladder - chilly red and burgundy
  • bird cage - caramel and cocoa
  • feathers - pastel beige and khaki
  • sky - pastel blue
I cut the image out using a Tonic layering square and inked whilst still in the die with antique linen distress ink. I then stamped the sentiment which comes from with the stamp set into the corner (yes it is wonky, only just noticed that - whoops).
And that is that. Quick and simple. And a lesson learned - Be more organised!!!!!!

Thank you for stopping by. I promise it won't be so long before my next post.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment