Tuesday 11 November 2014

All shopped out

Good evening everyone

I spent a lovely afternoon this weekend colouring lots of images with my pens and pencils. Today's card features one of those images - 
I began by cutting a Tonic layering square using a paper from LOTV's Twas the night paper pad. I then added a checked piece of paper from the pad to one side and then matted and layered the whols thing onto a piece or red Bazzil card. I added a piece of green saddle stitch ribbon (from the Ribbon Girl) to the cover the join. 
I then attached the whole thing to a 6 inch scalloped card blank.
I cut two Memory Box snowflake corners from each of the papers and attached them to opposite corners of the card adding pearls to decorate.
The image is Jenny - all shopped out from LOTV which I coloured with the following Promarkers - 

  • Jenny - warm grey 1, warm grey 2, warm grey 3 and black
  • hat and scarf - berry red, ruby, crimson, holly and pine
  • parcels - berry red, crimson, holly, pine, apple cider, herb garden, ivory, pastel beige and khaki
  • sky -pastel blue
  • snow - icicle
I cut the image out with a Spellbinder's circle nestie, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matted onto a Spellbinder's stately circle cut from red Bazzil card. I added lots of glitter to the hat, snow and parcels and some glossy accents to Jenny's nose. I attached the image to the card with glue gel.

To finish I added a sentiment from LOTV's winter wishes stamp set which I matted onto a piece of red Bazzil card and then attached to the card base with glue gel.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - lovely Lili challenge - make a Christmas card

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for entering our 'Merry Christmas' challenge with your lovely card Lesley.

    Good luck!

    Anne x
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete