Sunday 2 November 2014

Forever Christmas

Hello everyone

Can you believe that it is the first Sunday in November - where did October go? I am back to work tomorrow after a week's holiday - not sure where that week went either.
Today's card is a result of me playing with my Spectrum Noir pencils. I have used them previously on watercolour card and I wanted to see how they would perform on Elegant Satin stamping card. I have to say I am rather pleased with the result. I did put some copy paper under the image whilst I coloured it to absorb the blending solution after watching Leann Chivers on Create and Craft the other week. Anyway enough of me rattling on, here is the card
I began by cutting a Tonic layering square from a paper from Docraft's Kraft notes paper pad (bought in the sale at the Glitter Pot) and matting it onto another paper from the pad. I cut a rectangle from a 3rd paper from the pad, cut 2 holly corners using  Spellbinder's Holly accents die set and attached them to the card as shown. I then attached the whole thing to  a 6 inch scalloped square card blank.
The image is from Docrafts. I cannot find its name anywhere on the stamp and it was one I got in the sale at the Glitter Pot so I can't find any information on their website either. Sorry. As I have previously said I coloured the image with my Spectrum Noir pencils which are from the Primaries and the Essentials sets - 
  • bear - 084, 107 and 087
  • coat - 024, 027, 033 and 117
  • gloves - 056, 058 and 047
  • robin - 096, 099 and 024
  • cup - 089, 091 and 095
  • snow - 112 and 117
  • sky - 065, 066 and 068
I cut the image out using a Spellbinder's circle nestie, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and then matted onto a Spellbinder's scalloped nestie. I then added some glitter to the snow. I attached the whole thing to the card base with foam pads.
I stamped a sentiment from LOTV's Christmas wishes stamp set, cut it out with a scalloped circle nestie, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and attached to the card base with double foam pads.
To finish I added some red dew drops (from the Ribbon Girl) to the holly corners.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - November card challenge - Christmas
Spectrum Noir facebook challenge - Christmas / Winter

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment