Thursday 5 January 2017

It's your birthday

Good morning everyone

And boy what a chilly one. I am writing this post whilst waiting for the sun to start to melt some of the ice on my car before I head off to Preston. Scrapping the car is another job I dislike intensely.
Today's card is another one made using Tattered Lace's Art Deco dies - 
This card started life as an early morning start. I often wake up very early in the mornings (anytime after 3pm really) and usually get up and potter around the house but these chilly mornings have meant staying in bed and thinking. Not always a good thing I know but I am trying more and more to channel my thoughts down a crafty route rather than anything darker (no good lies in that direction). 
I bought these dies for myself as a Christmas present and when I got them I couldn't work out how this die could be used but a little early morning thought proved that it could and I am very pleased with the result.
I used - 

  • white/hint of silver, black and old gold centura pearl
  • Sheena's stamping card
  • scraps of glitter card
  • Spectrum Noir pens - FS2, FS4, FS9 and TN2
  • Tattered Lace's sculptured elegance Iris, Iconic deco card shape and Art Deco It's your birthday dies

I cut the Sculptured Elegance Iris die from Sheena stamping card, coloured her skin with Spectrum Noir pens and papered pieced everything else with scraps of glitter card.

Love the effect of this card and very pleased with my productive use of my early mornings.

Right off to tackle that car. Enjoy your day.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

3 comments:

  1. Just glorious Lesley, love Art Deco and working with these realses was one of those I have most enjoyed in recent months (heads up more coming in a couple of weeks).

    I am just like you with the early morning wake ups and I find I can get so much done early.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley this is a stunning card I love it. Enjoy your trip to Preston. I am not a morning person at all. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and a stunning design. I go to bed as you are getting up!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete