Monday 27 August 2018

A spectacular day

Good afternoon

It is a bank holiday here in England and as usual for a bank holiday it is a grey, wet, miserable day. I have ventured out to do some food shopping but otherwise I am staying in where it is warm and dry.
This is a Father's day card I made for my children to give to their dad in June - 
 This is the first shaker card I have made and unfortunately I think I needed to clean the acetate with an anti-static bag because the little die cut keep sticking to the acetate. You live and learn.
For this card I have used - 

  • Man of the moment stamp and die set from Papercraft essentials magazine (also where the inspiration for the card came from)
  • Spectrum Noir pens - EB2, EB3, EB5 and EB8
  • Sheena stamping card
  • blueprint sketch, wilted violet and salted ocean distress inks
  • grape jelly and Danube blue Memento ink
  • scraps of blue, light blue, black, white and orange card
  • acetate from Crafter's Companion
  • stars mirri from Hunkydory
  • Tonic layering squares and circles die sets

 The sentiment came with the magazine.
I created the background by applying the distress inks first and then stamping the stars randomly over the background.

That's all from me today. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Crafty hugs

Lesley

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic fun card, love the bear. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley this is a stunning card. We visited our parents on Monday we never go out with them so the weather doesn't matter. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete