Sunday 25 August 2013

Bugs life

Good afternoon everyone

I hope you are enjoying this lovely bank holiday Sunday. I am sorry for the late blog today but I have discovered Pride and Prejudice (the BBC series) on Drama so I have done my ironing and enjoyed the company of the wonderful Mr Darcy.

Anyway enough of all that, today's card is this one - 


As you can see it is a shaped easel card made using Spellbinder's grand ovals nesties and yellow centura pearl. I folded a piece of card stock in half and cut the nestie leaving part of the die off the card to create a spine and then I scored and folded one side of the card blank in half to create the easel. I cut another oval from the same centura pearl and added it to one half of the folded card blank. I then cut two smaller ovals in green coredinations and two of the next size down in yellow coredinations. I embossed the two yellow ovals using a dotty embossing folder and sanded back to reveal the core. I then matted and layer the ovals to the card base as shown.


The image is from the Joanna Sheen Happy Hoppers range and is called You did it. I stamped one of the main images from the set and also one of the smaller images for the stopper. I have coloured it with the following Promarkers - 

  • rabbits - warm grey1, warm grey 3, warm grey 4, pastel pink, sandstone,cocoa, sunflower, gold, ice grey 3, ice grey 5 and black.
  • wings - ivory and blush
  • flower - pine, lush green, yellow and canary
  • sky - pastel blue
  • shadow - ice grey 1
The images have been cut out using Spellbinder's Floral ovals and have been inked whilst still in the die with antique linen distress ink. I then added the larger image to the easel part of the card base using foam pads and the smaller image was added to the centre of the base with foam pads to form the stopper. I then cut flowers from scraps of various yellow papers using Spellbinder's anemone flower toppers dies and the foliage from green paper using Spellbinder's Floral flousishes. To finish I added a bow made from Docraft's vintage notes lace and some flat back pearls.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 



The challenge at As you like blog is "favourite shape and why". I love to use ovals especially the Floral Ovals dies as I find them very versatile because you can change the orientation and they are more interesting than a rectangle.

Well that's all from me today - sorry about the long post. See you all tomorrow

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous design and gorgeous little bees. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

    ReplyDelete