Monday 26 August 2013

Dare to create

Hello everyone

Happy bank holiday. A bright and early post today. I'm up early to try and get some of my Christmas cards completed before my family wake up. I was hoping to get them allone before I have to go work as I have done in previous years but I don't think it is going to happen. Never mind I have enjoyed the sunshine and my garden looks lovely so all is not lost.

I made today's card for my son's friend and have used sketch #61 courtesy of Dawny P from her blog www.pinkpiggywiggy.blogspot.co.uk - 


I made the card base from a piece of dark blue centura pearl card which I folded in half and cut to measure 6 inches by 7 inches. I then turned the card to landscape. The papers I have used are from Docrafts Chronology paper pad and plain blue cardstock which I embossed using Spellbinder's creative cogs embossing folder. I stamped the large corner from Sam Poole's Steam punk flowers stamp set using denim adirondak ink. I used Docrafts stamps for the large numbers and then stamped cogs from a free stamp set all over the numbers using tumbled glass distress ink. I then cut out the numbers and layered then onto a circle cut from the paper pad and a cog (Spellbinder's Spritely sprockets) cut from craft metal.


I used the flower stamps from Steam punk flowers stamp set to create the flowers which I stamped twice using denim adirondak ink, cut out and layered to make fuller flowers. To finish I added small cogs cut using craft metal and Spellbinder's Spritely sprockets dies. I arranged the flowers in one corner of the card. To finish I added a sentiment from the Steam punk flowers stamp set.



To add some interest to the inside of the card I stamped the smaller corner stamp from the Steam punk flowers set in the four corners of the inside of the card using denim adirondack ink.



That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by.

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment