Wednesday 28 August 2013

Girly card

Good afternoon everyone.

Its a very late post today - so sorry - I am still recovering from the raid on my bank balance from shoe buying yesterday. Why are children's shoes so very expensive? I could have bought myself at least two pairs for the price of one pair of the children's shoes. On the plus side they did give me vouchers for 20% off adults shoes so every cloud and all that.

Anyway enough of the rant and onto a far nicer subject -  crafting.  Here is today's card - 


Over at the Ribbon girl blog which you can view here the Magnolia challenge is "girly cards" so this is my entry. The image is On the road Tilda which is another stamp which I bought before my holidays. I really need to stop spending but these stamp companies keep producing such must have stamps and I can always justify every crafting purchase. Ha Ha! It has been coloured with the following promarkers -

  • skin - almond, putty, dusky pink and sunkissed pink
  • hair - terracotta, chestnut and burnt umber
  • dress, bow and shoes - cocktail pink, antique pink and carmine
  • bike - soft green, grey green, ice grey 3 and ice grey 5
  • flowers and basket - cocktail pink, antique pink, carmine, lush green and henna
  • shadows - ice grey 1
  • sky - pastel blue and arctic blue
I cut out the image using Spellbinder's Floral ovals and inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink. The papers are First Edition Summer breeze and I matted and layered the background using 3 of the papers. I then cut 2 Memory Box Arboscello trees, a Memory box Fairytale flower border (which I then chopped up to make 3 pieces) and 2 LaLa Land heart fences from the same paper pad and arranged on the background as shown. I then used foam pads to attach the image to the card. I arranged some flowers from the Ribbon Girl (I think they are ivory carnations, ivory open roses and ivory sweetheart blossoms), which I inked using spun sugar distress ink, at the base of the die cut. To finish I added a sentiment from Lili of the Valley's Everyday grunge messages and some very small silver gems.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 


Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley



No comments:

Post a Comment