Wednesday 21 August 2013

Holy light

Hello

Today's card uses a Lili of the Valley stamp called Holy Light (ST439) and is one of the new stamps I bought just before I went on holiday- 

The image has been coloured with Promarkers as follows - 

  • skin - almond, putty and dussky pink
  • hair - cinnamon, cocoa and burnt sienna
  • dress - pastel blue and arctic blue
  • sky - powder blue
  • snow - icicle
  • stars - metallic silver 
  • head dress - pine and berry red
  • wings - ivory
  • candle - metallic silver, orange and gold
I have added Stickles to the stars, wings and snow. It has been cut out using Spellbinder's 5 x 7 elegant labels 4 and inked whilst still in the die using tumbled glass distress ink. The papers are from Lili of the Valley's Frosty Christmas paper pad. The border has been cut white centura pearl and embossed using Spellbinder's Holiday Magic M-bossibilities embossing folder. I have then added a piece of paper from the Frosty Christmas paper pad and some white lace called Elizabeth Cluny lace and blue velvet ribbon both from The Ribbon Girl. I cut a poinsettia flower using white centura pearl and a Spellbinder's die and two pieces of holly using white centura pearl and a Marianne Creatables die. I inked through the die using tumbled glass distress ink. To finished I added a blue gem to the centre of the flower.

Over at the Allsorts Challenge the challenge is to create something using something new so I would like to enter this card into that challenge as I have used the following new purchases - 
  • Holy light stamp (from Lili of the Valley)
  • Elizabeth Cluny lace (from The Ribbon Girl)
  • a EK success punch
The challenge can be found at - 


Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. I love your choice of image ,beautiful details, and the design too, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete