Sunday 23 March 2014

Down on the farm

Hello everyone

So sorry for my lack of blogging just lately - life seems to have taken over at the moment (tsk, tsk must try harder).
The challenge this week at Crafty Little Fairies is "down on the farm" and here is my card for the challenge  (apologies for the photo quality today - would you believe it was too sunny!!) -
I began with a 6 inch kraft card blank. I cut the largest die from Tonic's square die set and LOTV's shabby shack paper pad (love this pad - it's my new favourite) which I faux stitched around the edge and attached to the card blank. I then cut a border strip and punched one edge with Tonic's dotty lace border punch, added some green ribbon (this came from a free gift from Docraft's Creativity magazine - this month's edition), some faux stitching and then attached it to the side of the card.
The image is a new stamp (not been so busy that I couldn't indulge in a little retail therapy - it's good for de-stressing!) from Crafter's Companion's Rachelle Anne Miller range and is called Love Ewe which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs -
  • sheep - EB1, FS3, FS5, IG1, IG2, IG4, IG7, CR1 and CR2
  • grass - LG2 and LG5
  • sky - IB1
I cut the image out with a Tonic square die, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink, matted onto a larger square cut from kraft card, added some faux stitching and then attached to the card base with foam pads.
I cut some Memory Box puffy clouds from scraps of the blue paper from the paper pad and attached them to the card with Pinflair for dimension.
The sentiment is from the stamp set and I cut it out with a Tonic Dotty lace die. I inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matted it onto another die cut using the blue paper from the paper pad. I attached it to the card with Pinflair.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge -

Thank you stopping by.

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card with a fab image. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Little Fairies.

    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete