Wednesday 26 March 2014

Wise words

Hello Folks and a very happy Wednesday to you all.

My recent shopping spree at Crafter's Companion included a lovely little owl stamp and this is the card I made with it - 
I began with a 8inch card blank which I matted and layered with a piece of spotty paper from LOTV's Father knows best paper pad. I then trimmed another piece of the papers to 7 and a half inches, wrapped a piece of bakers twine around it and attached to the card base. The image is from Crafter's Companion's Rachelle Anne Miller range and is called Wise words which I coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs - 
  • owls - EB1, EB2, EB4, EB6 and EB8
  • branches - EB2, EB3, EB5 and EB7
  • leaves - DG2, DG3 and DG4
  • sky - IB1
I cut the image out with Die'sire Elegance stamping frame square, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and  matted it onto the fancy shape in the die set. I attached it to the card with foam pads. The sentiment is also from the stamp set which I cut out and matted with Die'sire's Nouvea stamping frame, inked with tumbled glass distress ink and attached to the card with Pinflair (I needed it to fit under the image so the Pinflair allowed some wriggle time!)
I added some leaves to the image and the sentiment to finish (I used Spellbinder's Bitty Blossom die).

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley


No comments:

Post a Comment