Monday 17 March 2014

Spring green

Hello folks. 

The colour challenge at the Ribbon Girl is GREEN and here is my card for the challenge - 
I began with a 6 inch card blank which I matted with a piece of green paper from LOTV's Shabby shack paper pad. I cut another piece of paper from the pad, inked around the edge with peeled paint distress ink and then attached a piece of white lace and green spotty ribbon (from the Ribbon Girl) around the centre. I then attached it to the card base. The image from LOTV called flower arranging (ST 392) and has been coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • rabbit - cool grey 1, cool grey 2, cool grey 3, cool grey 4 and cool grey 5
  • flowers and vase - pastel blue, denim, arctic blue, bright green, meadow green, apple, leaf green, bright green and April showers
  • shadows - warm grey 1, warm grey 3 and powder blue
I cut the image out with Tonic nesting squares, inked whilst still in the die with tumbled glass distress ink and matted it onto a larger square cut from green paper from the paper pad. I then attached it onto the card base with foam pads.
I cut 2 Tonic fanciful flourishes from green paper and attached them to the card base. I didn't have any green flowers so I inked the edges of some white flowers with peeled paint distress ink. They had yellow stamens which I removed, added some green pearls (which I coloured with a bright green Promarker) and then attached them to the card base. I then added a couple of small blue flowers. All the flowers are available from the Ribbon Girl.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://www.theribbongirlchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk - March colour challenge - green

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley




No comments:

Post a Comment