Sunday 30 March 2014

Mother's Day

Hello and a Happy mother's day to all you mothers, mums, nanas, grannys and grandmas out there. I have you all are enjoying your day.
This is the card I made for my mum - 
I began by trimming a 8 inch card blank to 7and half inches and then I matted and layered it with a piece of lilca centura pearl which I had run through an Embossalicious roses embossing folder (I de-bossed it rather than embossed it. I find the die cuts stick better to a de-bossed card). I then cut 4 Tonic corners from white centura pearl and added them to the card base in each corner.
Then I cut a square of white centura pearl using the largest Tonic square die. I then cut the dies from Tonic's dotty lace collection to create the doily effect on the square. I attached it to the centre of the card with foam pads.
The sentiment is from LOTV's happy circular sentiment set which I heat embossed with silver embossing powder. When it was cool I coloured the flowers with a lilac and purple Promarker. I cut the sentiment out using a Die-namics stitched circle die and matted it onto a lilca centura pearl die cut (using the smaller die from Tonic's dotty lace die set). I then attached this to the centre of the dotty lace doily with double foam pads to add height.
To finish I added some lilac pearls from the Ribbon Girl.

Many thanks for stopping by. 

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment