Sunday 16 March 2014

Fairy magic

Hello and a happy Sunday evening to you.

Here is today's card - 
I began with a 8 inch card blank which I matted and layered with a grey wood effect paper from LOTV's Heartfelt paper pad and inked the edge with spun sugar distress ink. I then cut another of the papers with a Tonic dotty lace border punch and matted it onto a piece of pink paper from the paper pad. I wrapped a piece of pink velvet ribbon (from the Ribbon Girl) around the paper and attached it to the card base. The image is LOTV's Freedom (ST137) and has been coloured with the following Promarkers - 
  • hair - cocoa, walnut and henna
  • skin - satin, blush and dusky pink
  • dress and shoes - pale pink, baby pink, cocktail pink and cardinal red
  • stem - lush green, pine green and holly
  • wings - ice grey 1 and ice grey 2
  • sky - pastel blue
I added some glitter to her wings (well she is a fairy) and then cut the image out using Spellbinder's decorative labels 8. I inked whilst still in the die with spun sugar distress ink and then around the edge of the die cut too. I attached the image to the card base with foam pads.
I then cut a Tonic Mazarine blue,several butterflies and a Tonic fanciful flourish from the papers and arranged them onto the card as shown.
To finish I added some pink pearls from the Ribbon Girl to the image die cut and the butterflies.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges - 
http://www.allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - week 250 - pretty in pink

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley




3 comments:

  1. A really pretty image and card Lesley and just perfect for our Pretty in Pink theme.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, so pretty, perfect for our challenge at Allsorts. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Fabulous image and colours.
    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at Crafty Little Fairies
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete