Tuesday 8 April 2014

Anything but square

Hello and a very happy Tuesday to you all

I was hoping to spend some time tidying my garden today but the weather has put a stop to that - real April showers kind of a day. Well never mind, I'll craft instead.
The challenge at In the Pink is anything but a square and here is my take on the challenge - 
I began with a 8 inch card blank which I cut with Spellbinder's Grand decorative circles one. It does take several attempts to get it to cut perfectly but it will eventually. I then cut another Grand decorative circle from a pattern paper which I found in my stash. I matted and layered the card base with a smaller Grand decorative circle and a decorative labels 8 (both from Spellbinders) cut from more papers from my stash.
The image is For you Tilda from Magnolia stamps and has been coloured with the following Spectrum Noirs -
  • hair - GB8, GB10 and EB5
  • skin - FS2, FS3 and TN2
  • clothes - PL1, BP2, BP6, PP1, PP2 and FS6
  • flowers - PL1, BP2, BP6, PP1, PP2, FS6, CG2 and DG3
  • shadow - BG2
  • sky - IB1
I cut the image out using Spellbinder's Floral ovals, inked whist still in the die with spun sugar distress ink and attached to the card base with foam pads. I then cut several flowers using Doohickey antique daisies die and some more of the papers from my stash, and some flourishes from green core'dinations and a Die-namics fancy flourishes die. I layered my flowers and attached to the card with the flourishes as shown.
To finish I added some gems to the centre of the flowers and to the die cuts.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge - 
http://inthepinkchallenge.blogspot.co.uk - challenge #41 - 'Anything but square'

Thank you for stopping by

Lesley




1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous card Lesley.. love the way you've inked through the floral oval to give that fab effect... and of course, your image and shape are fabulous!

    Thanks for sharing at In The Pink this time - hope we see you enter again soon!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete