Wednesday 30 April 2014

Sunflowers

Hello

Today's post is a long one - so pour yourself a cuppa and off we go

I started by making a 8 inch card blank from two pieces of black centura pearl. To hide the join I wrapped a piece of black ribbon around the card. I then scored a folded the top of the card to create a twisted easel card. I cut 2 more 8 inch pieces of the same card and attached one to the card base. I then cut 2 pieces of yellow core'dinations and ran them through an Embossalicious roses embossing folder. I then sanded the card back to reveal the core and then rubbed Autumn bronze guilding wax around the outer edges. I attached these to the black centura pearl.
I then cut the largest and second largest dies from Spellbinders A2 tranquil moments. I attached the largest one to the front of the card. To the smaller die I added a "happy birthday" peeloff and then attached it to the card base with foam pads to act as a stopper.
I stamped 3 sunflowers onto yellow core'dinations using a stamp by Chloe and cut each one out using scissors. I rubbed a little Autumn bronze guilding wax to the outer edges of each flower. I then attached them to the die cut with Pinflair, added hat pins and some black Dazzlers. I cut the smallest die from the tranquil moments set from black centura pearl, added a gold "40" peeloff and attached it to the top corner of the card front. I then added this to the folded part of the card to create the front of the card.
This card was a commission card and so is very different from my usual style. However I do like the way it turned out.

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley


No comments:

Post a Comment